Tuesday 26 July 2011

NEW YORK STATE OF MIND

WOW, ............... I mean WOW!!! This city is incredible!

So I had an early start today, 6.30am pick up from the hostel at San Fran, it has been a long day of travelling. took five hours to fly to New York, then I had a bit of a muck around waiting for the super shuttle, and it was quite a long trip into town during rush hour which took a couple of hours, so all up it was a good 10 hours of travel.  Also you gotta add 3 hours cause of the time difference.  Anyway - who cares about that - I'm here now, and it was more than worth the wait.  New York has been my dream destination for at least twenty years - and I have finally made it.  Here are the first couple of guys that took my interest at the airport.
Totally cliche I know - but you gotta love it!!  The first thing to hit ya is the heat - its crazy hot here right now,  Thick heavy heat, but its great, will be interesting to see how I hold up during the day tomorrow, cause it must be stonking hot at midday. Anyway, made it into the city and got dropped off down the road from the hotel, I walked down and went up to Rob & Joans room. It was fantastic to see them, and they managed to get my room moved and effectively upgraded so I am staying in style right now which is primo.  Got a little kitchen, a bath, a TV with a ridiculous amount of channels, and a desk for writing my blog, which beats the hell out of writing it on your knees on the bed.  The picture above is the view of the Empire State building from my hotel room.  At the end of the block is the New York Times building, and right round the corner is times square, so its a great location.
So yeah, I got here around 7.30pm and caught up with R & J, and we went for a walk and some dinner.  San Fran was a complete contrast to this place, in San Fran my eyes were bugging out of my head, in NY my eyes are bugging out and my mouth is dragging on the ground.  Its just so awesome here, Bright lights big city.  Its incredible - I don't know how else to portray how fantastic it is. 
So we walked a couple of blocks around time square, and booked in to have dinner at Bubba Gumps shrimp restaurant, there was a bit of a wait so we continued walking with the plan to head back a little later.  Then the heavens just opened, heavy heavy rain, bucketing in, and people were running all over the place to find cover. (Still really hot though), so we walked back to Bubba's for shelter, turns out so did heaps of people.  Quite hard case to see all these people running into stores for shelter. So after a short wait, we got a table, and had a nice dinner.  We then wandered down another block back to the hotel.  The rest of my evening tonight will be reading up about what I want to do over the next few days and having a bath.  I want to get to sleep fairly early so I can get up in the morning and seize the day.  The next four nights are going to be filled with Broadway shows, which is going to be choice as.   I am feeling on top of the world right now, and I am totally rapt to be here.  Not a lot to report in today's blog due to all the travelling, but there will be lots more over the next week or so - you can be sure of that.  Its currently 11.23pm local time and its still gotta be 30 something degrees, so thank god for Hotel air con.  Stay well everyone, much love coming at ya from D Miz - Live in New York BABY!!!

Rain bucketing down


 


1 comment:

D Miz said...

Comment Test