Saturday 30 July 2011

A little slice of home - in the Big apple

Hey Ho, It's 12.44am here right now, so I might have to keep this blog short, as I'm pretty knackered, and need to check out of this hotel in the morning, and check into the Yotel around the corner.   Today was great though, a bunch of fantastic people just got into town, and it was fantastic to see everyone.  So I spoke with Elwood and arranged to meet him outside Tiffany's this morning.  While waiting, Paul and Janine turned up, and the LEzmond and Jodi came wandering along.  That makes 5, soon after Michelle and Jeremy arrived on the scene.  We then went to FAO Shwartz to meet some more people at the big piano.  Jussie turned up next, and it was great to see her - by now we were all fizzing out on seeing each other, and catching up on what has been happening and how peoples flights etc were.  Then Steve and Cyan arrived, along with Cyans brother Emery and her sister Lyla. That makes 12!! How cool to be with so many great people from back home.  We went and found a bar for beers and a spot of lunch.  We then went over to one of the entrances to central park, and got a passer by to take a bunch of photo's for us.
We then broke back into a few sub groups, as it is crazy to try and mission around in such a good group.  Time for the bridal party to go and sort out a few final touches to our plans for wedding attire.  We spent the afternoon shopping and missioning around.  As part of this we went to Union Square, it was the first time I had been down there, and it was really cool, I think I will try and get back down there, before we go.
Now I thought New York was busy during the week, but Saturdays are even more full on, or better, or something ha ha.   I then left the group and went and met my parents for dinner.  We went to this really nice Italian restaurant which was delicious.  Then Rob Joan and I made it down to the theatre to see Jersey Boys.   I really enjoyed it.  It is the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, and was a great story with awesome tunes.  You know the ones "Oh What a night" "Sherry" "My Eyes Adore you" "Walk like a man" "Big Girl's don't cry" and the list of hits just keep coming and coming.  Musicals are fantastic, the fact that it is all happening live in front of you is awesome, the musicians, actors, sets, its all mind blowing, and every show I have been to has had a WOW moment in one form or another - actually usually there are heaps of WOW moments.  Rob and Joan asked me which show has been my favorite, and in all honesty, I can not pick one.  They were all very good for different reason's, whether it be funny, moving, educational, etc.   Again, I have to say I am a very lucky man, and I am very thankful to my family for taking me to so many fabulous shows.  Next week Jussie and I are going to go to "Sister act" so that will be five shows during my trip here - that's pretty good going.   After the show I went and meet Steve, Cyan, Lezmond and Jodi at Steve's hotel bar, and smashed back a late night Makers Mark.  We then all went for a wander down to Times Square.  We checked out M&M world, and the Swatch store.  So crazy to be able to be shopping at midnight, and every store is seriously packed.  The city that never sleeps!  We then parted ways and made plans for meeting up tomorrow.  Rowan, Jodi, Jussie and I are going to go to a Yankees game tomorrow night, which should be great fun.  Mad Love one and all.
Mizzle.
Me and my Boys!!!!!!

1 comment:

DaiH said...

Nice bro. Must be amazing having the whole crew there. We leave on Wednesday. Fizzing... Absolutely fizzing