Monday 29 August 2011

Disneyland

So not a lot to report today folks, still at Disney land, still having a great time.  I had a terrible sleep though, not sure why? Aircon? Processed food? Who knows, but I was up and at em, pretty early, and finished off my blog in the morning then cruised over to the parks at about 10am.   I went straight for California land this time and nailed a bunch of rides and shows.  Here is the basic line up of the day;
Monsters Inc: Fun kids ride.
Tower of Terror: 2nd time, so good!
Himelichs chew chew train: (A Bugs Life) very little kids ride – hard case
A Bugs Life 4D: This was awesome, it was a 4D show but the effects were insane, had little kids screaming and parents racing to get them out of the theatre – highly recommended.
Mickeys Fun Wheel: This is yr standard Ferris Wheel but you can choose stationary carts or swinging carts and the carts swing hard out, its lots of fun and you get a good view of the park.
Soaring Over California: Booked a fast pass for this one, so had to come back at the designated time, but the fast passes are so worth it, this was my second time on this one.
Muppets 3D: Another on screen theatre one with special effects, very funny.
Aladdin: This is your kind of pantomime type buzz, but in a massive theatre, with Broadway styles production, magic carpet ride swinging through the theatre – pretty amazing, it was about 50 minutes long, and very good.
I then went to get some lunch and had a broccoli and chicken bread bowl soup which was pretty good.  I sat in the sun and ate that, and then had a debate with myself about what to do next.  I ended up deciding that it was way too hot and I was feeling shattered so headed back to the hotel for an afternoon nap.  I slept from about 3pm – 5pm and felt way better for it.   When I went back, I went to Disneyland and had another ride on Space Mountain; it was awesome because I scored a front seat on the rollercoaster, which is definitely the place to be.  It’s such a fun ride.   From there I went and jumped on the Monorail, and went for a ride around the park, I got off at Downtown Disney, which is basically a shopping arcade of all sorts of different stuff.  I brought a T-shirt there, and then found a nice outdoor bar, where I had a few beers and Makers Marks, in preparation for the firework display. I met a nice Australian man, who had just arrived with his family a few days before and was having a quick bit of respite and gave him a few tips.  I then met a couple of American guys who were here for a conference, one of them was an ex professional ice hockey player who played for the New York Islanders.  I then went back to catch the monorail back through the park so I could catch the fireworks, but the attendant told me the monorail wasn’t working because they had lost a train, I asked him how the hell do you lose a train, but he a) wasn’t sure and b) was not into my humorous questioning about said lost train. So I took a short walk back to the main entrance.  I found a nice spot to watch the fireworks and settled in.  It was another amazing display; they certainly know how to put on a show. At the risk of sounding like a douche bag,  Its all good rocking around by yourself and nailing rides and performances as you please, but Disney in the night time would be so much more special with a loved one of some description, the whole place is very spectacular and romantic, it’s pretty dope.  Afterward I joined the lines of people leaving the park and made my way back to my hotel, where I am sitting now and writing this.  It’s 10.40pm local time.  I am going to get up early tomorrow as I have a ‘Magical Mornings’ pass which means I can get in at 8am, an hour before the park opens to the public, and nail a few of the rides I especially enjoyed.  I have already done all the rides that I wanted to do, so tomorrow is just going to be a bit of relaxed fun, for my last full day in America.   I think I will get in as many rides as I can before midday and then rock back to the hotel for a bit of a sleep, before going to see the ‘world of Colour’ again, as it was such a great experience.  So I am almost home, two more sleeps to go, looking forward to seeing everyone, stay cool people.  Miz X
Here is a couple of minutes from the fireworks display, that went for about 15 miutes all together, SO COOL!!!!


No comments: