Monday 29 August 2011

It's a small bibbidy bobbitty, zippidy doo dah World

So this morning I made sure I was all packed up, and then went down to check out and wait for my taxi man ‘Rozzo’.  He turned up early which was good, he had a bottle of Perrier water all chilled and ready for me which was a nice touch.  I arrived at my new hotel opposite Disney World before 9am, so I checked in, and stored my bags until my room would be ready later in the day, I bought a three day park hopper ticket, and went over to let the adventures begin.  The way I had worked it out, I had been able to give myself an extra day at the parks, that I wasn't planning for, so I thought I would use today as a bit of a recon day.  I thought that since it was a Sunday it would be busier than the next two days, and it would be my chance to suss things out and plan what else to see in the future.  Well I pretty much nailed most of the good rides in this one day anyway ha ha, missioning around like a kid in a candy store. 

I will list of the rides I saw in order that I went on them, but won’t go into each one too much, as it will take me forever, will just add comments where needed;

Indiana Jones: - They have a single riders line so you can fast track
Splash Mountain:
Haunted House: Cute, because its old school, and heaps of people know the opening words and recite them
Pirates of the Caribbean: Again cute and old school
Space Mountain: Awesome Ride
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters:
It’s a Small World: Super cute little boat ride – tune kinda gets to ya J
Roger Rabbits Car Toon Spin:
Mr Toads wild Ride: For kids – almost a little embarrassed on this one….......Almost
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: Accidently got in the disabled persons line and ended up jumping a 45 minute line – nice one
Jungle Cruise:
Captain EO: Bringing back the classic as a Michael Jackson tribute, original 1986 3D film – loved it- beautifully old school.
Innovations:
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage:
The Disney Parade: Awesome street parade featuring All the Disney characters

Break for shower and check into room at the hotel. Head over to California Disney to check that out

Grizzly Rapids:
Soar over California: Stunningly beautiful ride that was breath-taking and I              found it really relaxing, like flying, over stunning Californian scenery.
Twighlight Zone Tower of Terror:  This was AWESOME, I freaked out big time, so well done
California Screaming: Great roller coaster
Star Tours: Awesome 3D space journey, I think there are different versions to the ride so will go back and check that out again
Indiana Jones:  2nd time on this one for the day.
World of Colour:

The ‘World of Colour’ show is incredible; it goes for about 30 minutes. They have two shows but the one I went to was at 10.15pm.  It is one of the most spectacular, beautiful, romantic, eye popping things I have ever seen.  They project lights and images onto walls of water and it gives you chills and almost brought tears to my eyes.  I filmed the entire thing, but it was too big to upload so have added a ‘teaser’ from the first 5 minutes or so to give you an idea. Even that was too big, so I have now tried to add 2 minutes instead, which will be at the end of this blog. ( If you do get a chance to come over and see the whole thing it's pretty cool - also make sure you click the arrows in the bottom right of the video to make it full screen).  It was worth the price of admission alone.  It makes the Bellagio Fountains in Vegas look like the bucket fountain.  I loved every second of it – even with annoying chatty American woman next to me – who you may hear on the video.
Funniest moment of the day –( although I do feel a little bad about it, but he was being a dick moments before, so I think it’s ok) was this guy, check out this picture I took of this obese guy on the ‘It’s a small world’ boat ride;

(I took this photo for Ziggy).  Well this poor guy had to negotiate a turnstile after this ride that is not built for people of his size.  He got completely stuck and a couple of people had to come and push him through, but due to the way the turnstiles work – or turn – he kind of had to flow with it and get spun around ending up in a mountain of flesh on the sidewalk, like a turtle stuck on its back that cant roll over or get up.  It would have gone viral on YouTube for sure, (but that would be next level) so I stifled my laughter and helped the man to his feet. Anyway, it was a great first day at Disney; I’m not in a hurry to get over there tomorrow and might sleep in a bit if I can.  On Tuesday morning I have a Magical Mornings pass, as part of my ticket, which means I can go over at 7am before the park opens to the public and knock out a few rides, so will do that.  Think I will just wander about and check out a few rides I haven’t tried yet, and if the lines are not too long, do a few of the ones I enjoyed today again.  Two more sleeps and then I am on the big flight home – it’s been a long and wonderful vacation. 

No comments: